In today’s world where healthy life became a trend, detoxification is a tool that allows you to stay healthy for a long time. We have all heard about this particular term, however, we decided to present you all relevant details that you should know about detox and its important role in overall health and weight loss. In this particular guide, we are going to present you all techniques and methods that are useful for a healthy detox.
What is detox?
Detox is expelling and cleansing toxins from the body. These toxins come from the environment, food that we eat, the air that we breathe, water that we drink and everything we consume build-up the amount of good and bad bacteria in our bodies.
Why is important to perform detox?
The main reason for inflammation is because our body and organs contain lots of built-up toxins. That particular inflammation causes organs to work under the capacity and without excretion abilities which mean that in the long run, the body will become acidic and that leads to numerous illnesses and diseases. The primary cause why we gain weight is because we have too many toxins in the liver and because of overload it slows the working rate and therefore a number of toxins stay the same. The reason for detox is to allow your digestive system to rest and recover. Our digestive system is always working and therefore it is always under stress because it tries to process food that we consume every day. Some ingredients that are used in food could slow down the metabolic rate. If you want to start losing weight, detox is the first step of allowing your organs to function normally. In the same time, you will be able to prevent any harmful disease.
How to know when is the time to detox?
Toxins are all around us and you cannot escape them. The body has the natural mechanism that reduces the number of toxins, however, if you want to make it more efficient, you should help it by using necessary ingredients that will boost the cleansing. When you have too many toxins in your body, you will feel different side-effects such as:
- Weight Gain
- Brain fog
- Puffy eyes
These symptoms are telling us that something is wrong with our body and organs. When your organs work at maximum capacity in order to clean itself then you will feel these symptoms. Of course, there are ways to determine whether you have the other problem that is the main reason why you should go to doctor or nutritionist and ask him everything about detox.
Different methods for detox:
There are many different detox programs that you can follow and most of them have the similar facts, with disagreement in period and intake of healthy nutritious. In most cases, you can eat vegetables and fruits and clean yourself through that particular method. However, other techniques apart from eating are exercise, breathing, and sweating. When you release carbon dioxide, you release toxins as well. The method of deep breathing is great, however, you need more time and place that contains clean air, which is very difficult to find, especially if you have symptoms that we have mentioned above.
We present you five most important techniques for detox:
- Clean eating with primary consumption of vegetables and fruits – This is the simplest mode for detox because the idea is to eat fresh fruits and vegetables for a period of time. The best way is to introduce yourself to it in order to get rid of bad habits. However, the downside is that you will feel the urge and craving for sugar and coffee which could lead to withdrawal symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, and insomnia.
- Exercise – You have to move in order to boost your metabolism and to clean yourself from harmful toxins. Exercise and frequent training allow your body to burn fat and to regulate the hormones in your body.
- Juice Cleanse – This particular diet is based on fresh juices with fruits and vegetables that are consumed throughout the day. It is known as a fast method for cleansing, and it you have to drink four liters of vegetable or fruit juice on daily basis. It will give you enough calories and nutrients in order to function properly without starving your body, but in the same time it will boost the detox and you will rest your digestive system.
- Smoothie cleanses – Smoothies are similar to juice cleanse, however, they contain fibers that are left over from blending vegetables and fruits. These fibers are perfect for your digestive system to use energy in order to heal the gut and to reduce the number of toxins in your body. In a matter of days, you will feel better, relaxed, with more concentration and energy.
- Sugar detox – This particular technique is based on cutting all forms of carbs and foods that contain sugar, it doesn’t matter if it is processed food, added sugar to coffee, alcohol or soda. You have to understand that sugar is addictive and it has the worst consequences on health. When you reduce the amount you will feel the withdrawal symptoms that could be severe or not, however, after the addiction, you will be able to enjoy your healthy and toxin-free body environment.
How often to detox?
It is recommended to do it in a different period of time; however, everything is up to you. Everything depends on the place that you live and things that you do in the meantime. You can do it four times a year, for each season, or you can do it once a year, which is highly recommended. Of course, it is important to do it at least once a year after the winter because we are less active in that period and at the same time we are consuming more food because of cold.
We have presented you a thorough guide for detox and now you are able to understand how detox functions and how to prepare yourself for better health. If you experience symptoms such as tiredness and lack of concentration, try to detox your body and you will feel the difference afterward.